Supporting Privacy Protection in Personalized Web Search
The proposed personalized mobile search engine is an innovative approach for personalizing web search results. By mining content concepts for user profiling, it utilizes both the content preferences to personalize search results for a user.
- Data mining
We propose a personalized search engine that captures the users’ preferences in the form of concepts by mining their clickthrough data. Due to the importance of location information in mobile search, PSE classifies these concepts into content concepts. The user preferences are organized in an ontology-based, multifacet user profile, which are used to adapt a personalized ranking function for rank adaptation of future search results. In our design, the client collects and stores locally the clickthrough data to protect privacy, whereas heavy tasks such as concept extraction, training, and reranking are performed at the server. Moreover, we address the privacy issue by restricting the information in the user profile exposed to the server with two privacy parameters.
In existing there is no reranking of information and no security for the user search result.
- The number of users and queries in the experiments are small. This means that the results from the experiments cannot be construed as representative in diverse situations.
- Since users are given with predefined queries and topical interests, they have to synthesize their information needs from the given queries and topical interests and conduct their searches correspondingly.
- Thus, their searches behaviors in the experiments may be quite different from what they might have exhibited when they attempt tore solve real-life information needs.
It profiles both of the user’s content in the ontology based user profiles, which are automatically learned from the clickthrough without requiring extra efforts from the user.
We propose and implement a new and realistic design for Personilization. To train the user profiles quickly and efficiently.
PSE addresses this issue by controlling the amount of information in the client’s user profile being exposed to the server using two privacy parameters, which can control privacy smoothly, while maintaining good ranking quality.
- The proposed one is an innovative approach for personalizing websearch results. By mining content and location concepts for user profiling, it utilizes both the content and location preferences to personalize search results for a user.
- It studies the unique characteristics of content concepts, and provides acoherent strategy using client-server architecture to integrate them into a uniform solution for the environment.
- 1 GB RAM
- 80 GB Hard Disk
- Intel Processor
- Datacard for Static IP
- Internet Connection
- Windows OS(7-32 bit)
- JDK 1.7
- Apache Tomcat 7
- MySql server
Privacy Protection in Personalized Web Search
0.00 average based on 0 ratings
More Things You Might Like This
Abstract: Although the educational level of the Portuguese population has improved in the last decades, the statistics keep Portugal at Europe’s tail end due to its high student failure rates. In particular, lack of success in the core classes of Mathematics and the Portuguese language is extremely serious. On the other hand, the fields of
Abstract: Advances in natural language processing (NLP) and educational technology, as well as the availability of unprecedented amounts of educationally-relevant text and speech data, have led to an increasing interest in using NLP to address the needs of teachers and students. Educational applications differ in many ways, however, from the types of applications for which
Machine Learning based Regression Model for Prediction of Soil Surface Humidity over Moderately Vegetated Fields
Abstract: Agriculture is one of the major revenue producing sectors of India and a source of survival. Numerous seasonal, economic and biological patterns influence the crop production but unpredictable changes in these patterns lead to a great loss to farmers. These risks can be reduced when suitable approaches are employed on data related to soil