Water level Management using Raspberry Pi – Raspberry Pi is a tiny PC that has inbuilt Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, which is programmed by using Python programming. In this project, you will learn to interface an Ultrasonic sensor, Water level sensor, and DC pump with a relay circuit with Raspberry Pi to get the water level value. The water level can be monitored and controlled by using IoT. From this Raspberry Pi beginner project, you will learn to use sensors with Raspberry Pi for various applications.
Water is a very essential source for living organisms so we must save water. In this project, we aim to develop a water level management system using raspberry pi. This system prevents wastage of water and it indicates water level by using sensors and IoT
In the existing system, we monitor the water level manually. The water level can be monitored and controlled by using IoT. From this Raspberry Pi beginner project, you will learn to use sensors with Raspberry Pi for various applications.
- Requires manpower
- Not an automated system
In the proposed system, we use raspberry pi and other desired components for detecting water levels and monitoring through IoT
- Accuracy of output is increased
- It is a cost-effective system
BLOCK DIAGRAM EXPLANATION
- Raspberry pi The single board acts as the heart of the system to perform the desired operation.
- The ultrasonic sensor is interfaced with raspberry pi to sense the water level
- The water level sensor is interfaced with ADC then it is interfaced with raspberry pi for sensing the water level
- DC pump is interfaced with relay then the relay is interfaced with raspberry pi for supplying water
- The water level is updated to IoT
- Raspberry Pi
- SD card
- Power supply
- VGA to HDMI converter (Optional)
- Ultrasonic sensor
- Water level sensor
- DC pump
- Programming platform: Python IDE
- Programming language: Python
- Raspbian Stretch OS
- SD Card Formatter
- Win32DiskImager (or) Etcher
 K. Soni,?Smart Well Monitoring System,? 2018 Int. Conf. Smart City Emerg. Technol., pp. 1? 5.
 S. Jadhav,?Monitoring of Industrial Water Usage by using the Internet of Things,? 2018 Int. Conf. Inf. , Commun. Eng. Technol., pp. 1? 4, 2018.
 Y. Li, Y. Wang, M. Cong, and H. Lang, ?Design and Development of a water quality monitoring network and system,? pp. 1? 5.
 R. Shevale,?IoT Based Real-time water Monitoring System for Smart City,? vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 246? 251, 2018.
 S. Kim and H. Kim,?Optimal Design of an Overlapped Ultrasonic Sensor Ring Using a New Composite Design Index,? 2012.
 G. Suciu, A. Vintea, S. C. Arseni, C. Butca, and V. Suciu, ?Challenges and Solutions for Advanced Sensing of Water Infrastructures in Urban Environments,? pp. 349? 352, 2015.