This paper presents an idea to design a Smart Cradle System using IOT which will help the Parents to monitor their child even if they are away from home & detect every activity of the Baby from any distant corner of the world. It is an innovative, smart & protective Cradle System to nurture an infant in an efficient way. This system considers all the minute details required for the care & protection of the Baby in the cradle. The design of smartness & innovation comes with the use of technologies/methodologies which include Internet of Things (IOT) (Modules like Arduino UNO, Humidity & Temperature sensing etc..,), Cry Detecting Mechanism, Live Video Surveillance, Cloud Computing (Data Storage) & User Friendly Web application(for User Controls). In order to detect each & every activity of Baby, different Sensors/Modules are attached to the Cradle: Humidity & Temperature Sensing Module for detection of Wetness of the bed, A Camera on top of the Cradle for live video footage & Cry Detection Circuit to analyze Cry Patterns. All the data which has been taken from the sensors/modules will be stored in Cloud? & analyzed at regular intervals. A Health Algorithm is applied to these datasets to get information about the body conditions which is helpful as any regular symptoms of a disease can be identified easily.
As we are very well familiar with the hurdles faced by Parents to nurture their infant and especially in case if both the Parents are working. To give 24 hours of time in such cases is next to impossible. Thus, we need to develop something unique that can help Parents to have a continuous surveillance/watch on the Baby/Infant and can notify about the same.
Thus, we have come up with an idea to design a Smart Cradle System using IOT which will help the Parents to monitor their child even if they are away from home & detect every activity of the Baby from any distant corner of the world.
In this existing system sensors are used to know the condition of the baby but that will be restricted to a particular area where if any problem parents have to be in that area and has to check the condition of the baby manually.
- It not allows parents to hear the?baby’s?voice and talk to them.
- It is suitable just for?babies that are one-year-old or younger.
- Virtually every?baby monitor can be?hacked. But the type of?monitor?that you use will greatly determine how hard or easy it is for a hacker to do so. Internet-connected?baby monitors?are indeed potentially vulnerable to hackers anywhere on earth, and you wouldn’t want to invite them in your?child’s
In this proposed system, both sensors and forecasting cloud is used, so that resulting data having high accuracy about the children condition, also we are using surveillance of the children using camera from a Wide Area Network (WAN) which can be viewed in the Web Application and also can control the situation from a remote area anywhere from the world.
- For babies with health issues, a visual baby monitor can help parents monitor illness signs and symptoms.
- No more sneaking into the nursery to check on the baby and inadvertently waking them up
- Extended monitor range so you can check on the child from anywhere in your house
?BLOCK DIAGRAM DESCRIPTION
- In this project we use a DHT-11 sensor for sensing both Temperature & Humidity. It is interfaced with Arduino Uno. It is used to detect wetness of the bed in this project
- Then the camera? is interfaced with Arduino Uno? for? Monitoring baby?s activity
- Sound sensor is interfaced with Arduino Uno? for? sensing? baby is crying or? sleeping
- Wi-Fi module is interfaced with Arduino Uno for? uploading? baby?s status through web page
- Arduino UNO
- Sound Sensor
- Wi-fi module
- Arduino IDE
- Language-Embedded C
 ?IoT Based Smart Cradle System with an Android App for Baby Monitoring?, 2017 International Conference on Computing, Communication, Control and Automation (ICCUBEA).
 ?Video-based IoT baby monitor for SIDS prevention? in 2017 IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC)
 “Sudden Unexpected Infant Death and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome”, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 17 Apr. 2017, May 2017.