In urban areas the water supply to residence and commercial establishments are provided at a fixed flow rate. There are incidents of excess water drawing by certain customers/users by connecting motor-pump sets to the water lines which is considered as water theft. In this project it is proposed to develop an embedded based remote water monitoring and theft prevention system by recording the flow rates at the consumer/user end. The complete system structure includes one or more central PC main stations that communicate with more junctions? implemented into the pumping stations(pressure and flow measurement or valves remote control).
With the continuous economic growth, the water demand of enterprises is also increasing. The monitoring of water resources for these enterprises can prevent the occurrence of stealing water and leaking water effectively. Therefore, the monitoring system of urban water supply has aroused extensive attention in recent years. Urban water supply networks form the link between drinking water supply and drinking water consumers. These large-scale networks are vital for the survival of urban life, for maintaining a healthy level of economic development, and for the continuous operation of factories and hospitals.
- In the existing system, urban water is supplied to the home with the help of some man power.
- The person in charge will go to the place and then open the valve to that particular area.
- The theft can be prevented only when any public informs the officials about the theft.
- It requires manpower
- Accuracy of output is less
- Need to give salary to worker
- The proposed automated urban water supply system consists of a SCADA
- Input comes from sensors that translate physical phenomena into electrical signals.
- Automatic pumping motors are used to start and stop the water supply.
- Through the internet, all the data was updated in the Webpage.
- SCADA system is implemented
- There will be no fear for water theft
- It does not requires manpower because this system is automated
- Accuracy of output is increased
- This system also includes IOT
BLOCK DIAGRAM EXPLANATION
In this System it consists of Raspberry pi as a controlling device which is interfaced with level sensor, flow sensor, pumping motor and GPS. The pumping motor gives input location. The both sensors have to find out the amount of water. The pumping motor supplies the water to the flow sensor and level sensor and analyses the water level. The raspberry pi is also connected to the SCADA. It is determined to water supply control and water theft detection and automatically sends warning messages.
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Level sensor
- Flow sensor
- Pumping Motor
- Programming platform: Python IDE
- Operating system : Raspbian Jessie
- Programming language: Python
 Stancil, Stoian,and Kovacs ?Urban water supply distributed system?,Vol.3,pp.316-321,May.2008.
 G. Badea, ?Instalatii sanitare?, Editura RISOPRINT, Cluj Napoca,vol.5,pp-38-56, 2005.
 G. Badea, ?Instalatii de alimentare cu apa, canalizare, sanitare si de gaze?, Litografia Universitatii Tehnice, Cluj Napoca, pp-62-104,1982.
Westermo Handbook 5.0, ?Industrial Data Communication; Industrial Ethernet?,pp.118-146, 2007.
 Siemens AG, ?Automation and Drives Wireless Data Communication based on GPRS?,vol.1,pp-107-114,2008.
 Algodue Elletronica, ?UPM 304 Manuals?, Italy, 2007,
 Siemens AG, ?SIRIUS Soft starters 3 RW 44 manual?,pp.86-92, 2007.
 ProMinent Group, ?Process Overview Water Supply?,vol.1,pp.26-43,2007.