In urban areas, the water supply to residents and commercial establishments is provided at a fixed flow rate. There are incidents of excess water drawing by certain customers/users by connecting motor-pump sets to the water lines which is considered water theft. In this project, it is proposed to develop an embedded-based remote water monitoring and theft prevention system by recording the flow rates at the consumer/user end. Does the complete SCADA system structure include one or more central PC main stations that communicate with more junctions? implemented into the pumping stations(pressure and flow measurement or valve remote control).
With the continuous economic growth, the water demand of enterprises is also increasing. The monitoring of water resources for these enterprises can prevent the occurrence of stealing water and leaking water effectively. Therefore, the monitoring system of the urban water supply has aroused extensive attention in recent years. Urban water supply networks form the link between drinking water supply and drinking water consumers. These large-scale networks are vital for the survival of urban life, for maintaining a healthy level of economic development, and for the continuous operation of factories and hospitals.
- In the existing system, urban water is supplied to the home with the help of some manpower.
- The person in charge will go to the place and then open the valve to that particular area.
- The theft can be prevented only when the public informs the officials about the theft.
- It requires manpower
- The accuracy of output is less
- Need to give salary to the worker
- The proposed automated urban water supply control and water theft detection system consisting of a SCADA.
- Input comes from sensors that translate physical phenomena into electrical signals.
- Automatic pumping motors are used to start and stop the water supply.
- Through the internet, all the data was updated on the Webpage.
- SCADA system is implemented
- There will be no fear of water theft
- It does not require manpower because this system is automated
- Accuracy of output is increased
- This system also includes IoT
BLOCK DIAGRAM EXPLANATION
This System consists of Node MCU as a controlling device that is interfaced with a level sensor, flow sensor, pumping motor, and GPS. The pumping motor gives the input location. Both sensors have to find out the amount of water. The pumping motor supplies the water to the flow sensor and level sensor and analyses the water level. The Node MCU is also connected to the SCADA. It is determined to water supply control and water theft detection and automatically sends warning messages.
- Node MCU ESP8266
- Level sensor
- Flow sensor
- Pumping Motor
- Programming platform: Arduino IDE
- Programming language: Embedded C
 Stancil, Stoian,and Kovacs ?Urban water supply distributed system?, Vol.3, pp. 316-321, May.2008.
 G. Badea, ?Instalatii sanitare?, Editura RISOPRINT, Cluj Napoca,vol.5,pp-38-56, 2005.
 G. Badea, ?Instalatii de alimentare cu apa, canalizare, sanitare si de gaze?, Litografia Universitatii Tehnice, Cluj Napoca, pp-62-104,1982.
Westermo Handbook 5.0,?Industrial Data Communication; Industrial Ethernet? pp.118-146, 2007.
 Siemens AG,?Automation and Drives Wireless Data Communication based on GPRS? vol.1,pp-107-114,2008.
 Also due to Electronica,?UPM 304 Manuals?, Italy, 2007,
 Siemens AG,?SIRIUS Soft starters 3 RW 44 manual? pp.86-92, 2007.
 ProMinent Group,?Process Overview Water Supply? vol.1, pp.26-43,2007.